21st Apr 21
We Are Recruiting – IT & AV Technician
Outline Job Specification
UVS are a Burnley-based manufacturer of audio-visual control systems and supplier of turnkey display systems that are installed in applications including security, CCTV/surveillance, traffic control, utilities, military, emergency services control rooms and other corporate and public display applications.
Due to expansion, we now require an IT & Audio Visual Technician based locally to Burnley, to join our team to fulfil the role as outlined below.
Installation & commissioning of video wall controller and display systems.
Including LCD displays, LED displays, display controllers, control software and associated equipment/accessories. This includes the mechanical, electronic, IT, networking and software aspects of the system.
Dealing with service/support enquiries by phone and via remote connections to assist clients with queries and attending customer sites as required to investigate & rectify any system issues. Also carrying out scheduled maintenance work at client sites to fulfil maintenance contracts.
Video Wall Controller Assembly & Test Assistance
At peak production times it may be a requirement to assist in the assembly of our video wall controller systems including carrying out system testing (specific product training will be provided).
Pre-sales technical support
Assistance as required during client demonstrations at customer sites or at our demonstration rooms. Also assisting on technical queries relating to client enquiries or a project tender.
Project management of awarded contracts
Including carrying out pre-installation site visits and issuing of pre-installation reports and other relevant documentation in addition to liaison with the client’s personnel and the rest of the team.
- A high level of knowledge and practical experience is required in IT, networking, and Windows OS. Experience of IP video streams and IP encoding systems will be a distinct advantage
- Some experience of working in audio visual applications and carrying out installation work at client sites will be required
- Capability and willingness to deal with the mechanical, electronic and IT/network and software aspects of projects
- Ability to work alone and as part of a small dedicated team & willingness to travel throughout the UK & with the possibility of occasional overseas travel in the future
- Technical qualification/apprenticeship in a related IT/AV/electronics subject
- The role will be based from our Burnley HQ, with work required as stated above at client sites throughout the UK and beyond
- We wish to stress that this is a wide-ranging role in terms of IT, networking, software, hardware and mechanical aspects. However, the emphasis for this position is on practical on-site IT, networking, and software experience
- Preferably clean driving license
Benefits package including basic salary (dependant on experience), overtime, car allowance, mobile phone (including personal use), laptop and expenses.
Opportunity to join a young, growing company.
Please note that for security clearance to work at some of our client sites e.g. police forces, personal background and vetting checks will be required which involves detailed information disclosure.
In the first instance, please send your CV and application letter to: email@example.com.
Applications are invited from direct applicants only please, no agencies, thank you.
Share this article