22nd Feb 23
UVS traffic control room projects help manage a third of england’s major roads
Our projects are helping to monitor traffic on a third of England’s major roads following an upsurge in demand for video wall control room technology.
UVS and its system integration partners now have control room video wall solutions playing a vital role in traffic management schemes covering more than 7,000 miles of the country’s motorways, A roads and busy commuter routes.
Clients include a wide range of councils, county councils, traffic alliances and private companies as well as National Highways, the government company which operates, maintains and improves 4,500 miles of England’s motorways and major A roads.
Completed UVS traffic projects include:
- All seven National Highways England Regional Operations Centres
- Glasgow Council combined traffic, public space CCTV and multiagency control room
- Wakefield Urban Traffic Control Room
- Sheffield Urban Traffic Control Room
- Calderdale traffic and public space CCTV control room
- West Midlands Combined Authority coordination control room (multiple locations and multiple video walls)
- Bristol City Council Traffic Control Centre
- Derbyshire County Council Control Centre
- Devon County Council Control Centre
- Hindhead Tunnel, Surrey, Traffic Control Centre
We are also in the final stages of contract agreements for new traffic control projects in Scotland and the Midlands regions.UVS Managing Director Steve Murphy said: “Having a high quality and resilient video wall is essential in providing a 24/7, 365 traffic monitoring operation and we are delighted that our technology is being trusted to play such a key role.
“UVS involvement has included the development of specific integrations between our Lucidity video wall control software and external traffic control applications which are used extensively for traffic monitoring across the whole UK road network.”
UVS, based in the Burnley First – Burnley Business Centre, provides video wall displays and audio-visual solutions to a range of clients across the UK and the rest of the world. It is led by four senior colleagues who, between them, have more than 75 years’ combined Audio Visual, Control Room and Visual Solutions experience.
For further information on UVS Ltd and how to access its remote services, get in touch.
Share this article