24th Jun 20
UVS Launches Lucidity 2020 Video Wall Manager to Meet Customer Demand
Global video wall and visual display experts Ultimate Visual Solutions (UVS) has responded to client requests for additional features and functionality by launching an updated version of its Lucidity video wall controller and control software.
The Lucidity brand is aimed at clients who don’t necessarily require a full enterprise functionality video wall solution. The range is available from UVS to AV system integrators for resale to their end clients.
Lucidity 2020 R1 video wall manager follows extensive research and development and detailed customer feedback since the original software was launched 18 months ago.
One of the major enhancements is the ability to integrate the software with a Matrox IPX Decode & Display card, a standalone system which can display up to 16x IP streams outputting to 4x 4K displays (16x HD displays with loop through).
The benefit is this enables customers to add additional display walls, in a cost effective manor and still use the same Lucidity platform to manage the IP feeds it shows, as well as create / replay presets.
Other new and enhanced features include:
- Comprehensive operator and system logging with export function
- Carousels for rotating source views
- Available as a plugin or integrated to multiple security VMS/PSIM manufacturers.
- Ability to quickly launch wall presets from the change content page, instead of having to navigate to different pages
- Remote KVM for remote client workstations now has the ability to scale and send CTRL+ALT+DELETE
- External Devices added, allowing you to control 3rd party devices through TCP/IP or RS232.
- Macros can now be created, and initiated from the change content page, to link external device commands and preset launches e.g. Turn Wall On and Play Preset
- Scheduling functionality added, for launching presets and macros at specified times / intervals
- Template creator added, allowing you to create comprehensive display templates including split windows and import / export designs
- On Screen Display functionality added for LVC, RGB and IP windows for adding source window names (available for certain input/output card systems)
- Database Updater added for even easier software updates
- New API commands for switching onscreen sources with URL’s, allowing third parties even easier integration
UVS Managing Director Steve Murphy said: “These additional features and functionality have evolved due to R&D and specific client requests during the past 18 months. “For example, we were asked can we have a carousel to allow different sources to be displayed in the same window over a repeating cycle – well here you go, it is now a feature.”
He stressed that Lucidity was not designed to compete with existing high end, full enterprise functionality video wall solutions, which the company continues to promote and supply. He said it filled a gap in the market for video wall systems which required a lower investment and where no specific product already existed.
UVS is based at Business First Burnley Business Centre and provides video wall displays and audio visual solutions to a range of clients across the UK and the rest of the world. It is led by four senior colleagues who, between them, have more than 70 years’ combined Audio Visual, Control Room and Visual Solutions experience.
Featured in Display Daily.
Share this article